Sunday, February 8, 2009

You're so beautiful it hurts...

I love pretty stuff, like who doesn't? Well... sometimes I dig beautiful ugly stuff too. It can be quite boring too if the stuff are just pretty pretty, without soul in it. 

I'd love to be able to read one's mind too. Haha. Naww.. just their thoughts maybe on design and doing business? I suck at doing business. I am learning...

It's pretty interesting when you get to read one's thought. It gets addictive too when that person caught your attention. I am now so obsessed with Paul Rand. He was a well-known American graphic designer, best known for his corporate logo designs and he was also one of the originators of the Swiss Style of graphic design. He's a painter lecturer, industrial designer, advertising artist,  an idealist and a realist. I have been reading all his articles and find his thoughts very enlightening and interesting. I went back to the site and re-read some articles. It really open up my mind as lately I feel so demotivated. Thank God for Paul Rand! I still haven't finished up reading the last time I visited his site. Black in the Visual Arts is still one of my favourite. 




*images courtesy of paul-rand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment